The Kousimine-Budwig Energizing and Detoxing Breakfast

My love for Dr. Johanna Budwig and her cancer diet caused me to search further for the perfect way to regain health.  This energizing and detoxing breakfast was used by me in my search for wellness and I have regularly recommended this to people who are ill.  I highly suggest this recipe to anyone looking for perfect health.  

I changed the recipe which I will indicate below in the original recipe. 
The Original Kousimine-Budwig Energizing and Detoxing Breakfast Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese (or yoghurt) - I used labane.  This is yogurt drained of all the whey to a thick cheese.
  • 2 tablespoons organic flaxseed or organic sunflower oil - I used whole flax ground as we do not have good flaxseed oil here.
Mix the cottage cheese and the flaxseed oil in a bowl with a fork, until you obtain a rich, white and creamy blend.

Add to this mixture
  • 1 small ripe banana (or 2 tsp honey)
  • ½ lemon, juice
  • 2 tablespoons freshly ground flaxseeds or 6 almonds, 6 hazelnuts, or any other type of nuts, excluding peanuts
  • 2 tablespoons fresh whole-wheat rice, millet, buckwheat, oats (not oatmeal) I add the granola instead of this. 
  • 1 portion of seasonal fresh fruit. (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, grapes, apple etc..)
  • I also added in 1/2 teaspoon of pollen
Grind the nuts, or flaxseed and the cereals. Crush the banana with a fork. Add all the ingredients to the cottage cheese and mix well.
The breakfast is rich in calcium, zinc and iron and is also rich in linolenic acid and provides the necessary vitamins and minerals to be well and healthy.  Dr. Kousimine believed that a healthy colon was essential to a healthy body.
 
Also Read:

My Crunchy Granola used in this recipe is included in this recipe at the bottom. Yogurt and Crunchy Granola Parfaits