Delicious and Healthy Oatmeal with Nuts and Dried Fruits

I saw a new book was published, called How Not to Die.  On the promotion page, the man who wrote this book told of what he ate for breakfast.  He had oatmeal with so many good things in the oatmeal including cocoa.  I have to tell you, I did delete the cocoa, but tried many other ideals.  The oatmeal I came up with was spectacular.  It is a huge meal in itself.

I cut up small pieces of dates and dried apricots and added in some dried cranberries.  I then made up a nut mixture which included raw brown sugar, bee pollen and cinnamon.  I used a wide variety of nuts to include hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, and almonds.  The end result was both heartwarming and filling.  I topped the oatmeal off with some raw butter and Raw Honey.  Please note that you can change around the selections, such as the type of nuts and fruits added.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup of quick wholewheat oats
  • Pinch of salt
  • raw butter and honey for topping

Dried fruits:  dates, cranberries and apricots (any assortment will work here or just dates)
Nuts:  Any assortment of nuts will work.  I added in bee pollen, cinnamon and brown sugar.  Not a lot but enough to give the perfect flavor.

Note:  I cut up enough fruit and nut mixtures to last awhile, not just for one meal.  I stored them in glass jars and they are prepared to use on my next breakfast.

Directions:
  1. Oats are so simple to make and I like my oatmeal slightly runny, not thick and so I cook my oats just 40 seconds.  
  2. Add filtered water to a saucepan with the salt.  Bring to boil and add in the oats.  Stir continuously and pour in a bowl quick.y.  Top with your fruits and nuts.  Mix well.  
  3. Now add a dab of fresh butter, if available and then drizzled raw honey all over the top. Do not saturate your oats, but instead use it sparingly.  Do not mix the honey in the oats. Just let the butter melt and the honey meld together. 
*******************************************************************************************************
BUY BOOK

From the physician behind the wildly popular website NutritionFacts.org, How Not to Die reveals the groundbreaking scientific evidence behind the only diet that can prevent and reverse many of the causes of disease-related death.
The vast majority of premature deaths can be prevented through simple changes in diet and lifestyle. In How Not to Die, Dr. Michael Greger, the internationally-renowned nutrition expert, physician, and founder of NutritionFacts.org, examines the fifteen top causes of premature death in America ― heart disease, various cancers, diabetes, Parkinson's, high blood pressure, and more ― and explains how nutritional and lifestyle interventions can sometimes trump prescription pills and other pharmaceutical and surgical approaches, freeing us to live healthier lives.