Cranberry Water and Flax Seed for Longevity

Dried cranberries are a luxury here in Jordan and they are quite expensive.  I usually put them in my homemade crunchy granola.  Some will put dates and dried apricots, but I love cranberries.  The other day on Twitter I saw a woman who posted that for longevity you should have cranberry water with flax seeds twice a day.  I just love flax, so I set out to find the perfect recipe for this health remedy.

To my surprise, there were no such recipes for cranberry water and flax seeds, so I created my own.  According to the new Fat Flush Diet, unsweetened diluted cranberry water will help you lose weight, live longer and flush the fat.  As we all know, flax is great for the colon and digestion, so it only made sense that putting the two together was a good thing.

So here is what I did.  I took 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and put them in 64 ounces of water.  I soaked them for a few hours and then I put the cranberries and a few cups of water in the blender and mixed on high speed. I then put the crushed cranberries and water back with the rest of the water and mixed.  I took two tablespoons of flax and put them in my coffer grinder.  I ground them to a fine powder and then put two cups of cran water, along with the flax seeds and 6 ice cubes in the blender.  I blend the mixture on high speed for around one minute.

If you want a sweet drink, you can add in some raw honey or Stevia.  It is better, however with no sweetener.  The taste was kind of bland, but I did what I set out to do.  Drink no more than 64 ounces in one day.

Note:  For those using 100% pure cranberry juice, the recipe is still the same.  1/2 cup of cranberry juice to 64 ounces of water. Also note that flax should be ground fresh and not stored in your refrigerator for later use.