You wake up one day and you just don't remember what day it is or how to go to a friend's house you have been going to for years and the first thought that comes to you is Alzheimer's or death. Although those things may be possible, there are many other things that cause brain fog and many things that are temporary and not life threatening.
Cognitive dysfunction or brain fog is where you are confused, forgetful and have difficulty to concentrate. It is the inability to focus on reality at times and the act of total confusion to the point of not being able to think clearly. The things that cause brain fog are many and the list will include Candida, insomnia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
What are the Main Causes of Brain Fog
There are many causes of brain fog and no two people are alike. What would seem normal for one will not apply to the rest? Here is a partial list of a few to consider:
- Candida - Yeast growth can cause depression and brain fog.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - CFS or Epstein Barr Virus will cause brain fog.
- Insomnia - Sleep is imperative.
- Nutritional deficiencies - Some people will have malabsorption causing cognitive impairment.
- MS or Fibromyalgia - Side effects of these illnesses include brain fog.
Other causes of brain fog include:
- Reaction to prescription drugs,
- Parasite infections,
- Slow blood to the brain,
- Menopause and adrenal fatigue syndrome.
Cognitive Impairment and Poor Memory
Cognitive impairment is one of the scariest things in the world. Severe brain fog can be debilitating and the person can be in a coma-like state if help is not received. Studies have shown that playing brain teaser games will help memory and improve brain fog.
Simple things you can do to help your memory is to put notes everywhere and to have several calendars throughout your home. If you are cooking, stand by the stove until you are finished. Get plenty of rest and take your vitamins daily along with 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil mixed with the juice of one lemon before sleep.
Brain fog remedies
The best remedies for fog would include diet. Diet is the reason for most brain fog in one form or the next. Here are some suggestions:
- The Gerson Diet for cancer emphasises juicing and coffee enemas.
- Orange juice fast of 14 days would help to remove your symptoms.
- A Candida diet is helpful if you avoid high saturated fats and sugar.
- Avoid all processed and packaged foods and eat only limited amounts of lean protein. Supplement your diet with Vitamin C, B complex, E and grape seeds for circulation.
When trying to eliminate brain fog, it is imperative to rectify the underlying reason for the illness. Getting temporary relief from brain fog is only a Band-Aid. The many causes of this illness contain several severe diseases. Candida also should not be taken lightly as fungus may be a direct cause of cancer. Many of your problems may be alleviated by doing a full body cleanse.